This beautiful estate has played a significant role in the history of England and remains one of Yorkshire’s finest properties.
Set in 38 acres of parkland the house and other buildings on the estate have been used as offices since 1956 and are now the headquarters for the Bayford Group.
The main House and other buildings are now being renovated and updated, including the construction of an ultra-sleek and modern Blackburn Wing, a glass and copper structure amongst the trees.
This building is a meeting room and is designed in the style of an aircraft wing as a reminder of a former owner of the Hall who was an aviation pioneer.
RDC have installed heat pumps in each of the five buildings to provide heating and hot water. The internal emitter systems have been upgraded and new high temperature heat pumps have been installed.
The heat source is from boreholes drilled across the parkland to reduce the impact of ground works on the park and to ensure that sufficient, consistent heat is provided all year round from up to 130m below ground.
The project is complete and receiving the non-domestic RHI payments over 20 years for the heat produced in all 5 buildings.